SkillsFuture is a national movement to provide Singaporeans with the opportunities to develop their fullest potential throughout life. Through this movement, the skills, passion and contributions of every individual will drive Singapore's next phase of development towards an advanced economy and inclusive society.
The Singapore government supports the development of individuals through special funding programmes for approved courses (SkillsFuture Funding) as well by issuing educational credits for qualifying Singaporeans to further offset payments to improve themselves.
26 Courses at JDMIS are now eligible for SkillsFuture!
JDMIS Professional Certificate Courses in various specialisations in jewellery design, fabrication, gemmology, and business can now avail for SkillsFuture Funding (up to 70%) and SkillsFuture credits
Select your choice of jewellery training in the course calendar and use the SkillsFuture calculator on any Course page to determine your exact funding and payable fee
As part of a concerted effort on the part of SkillsFuture Singapore, Workforce Singapore, Enterprise Singapore and the Ministry of Trade and Industry, and with exceptional support from the Singapore Jeweller’s Association and over 50 local jewellery businesses, JDMIS courses are now supported under SkillsFuture Initiatives. These initiatives ensure that the Jewellery Industry in Singapore evolves with the changing economy and technologies and that companies and individuals can always remain up-to-date with the latest skills and knowledge.
JDMIS extends its thanks to the Singapore Jewellers Association and the many passionate individuals from all agencies, associations and companies who worked tirelessly to achieve this level of support.
Course Fee Funding
If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR), you can enjoy up to 70% course fee subsidies on all JDMIS' Certificate Courses as well as use your available SkillsFuture Credits. You will only need to pay the net fee (course fee after SSG’s grant).
|Permanent Resident (PR) or Singapore Citizens (SC) below 40 Years old
|Baseline SkillsFuture Funding: 50% of tuition fees + SkillsFuture Credit
|Singapore Citizens 40 and above
|Mid-career Enhanced Support: $70% of tuition fees + SkillsFuture Credit
Don't miss this limited-time window of generous funding for jewellery training
Terms & Conditions:
- All SSG grants and SkillsFuture credit payments are subjected to SSG approval. SSG’s decisions on funding matters are final.
- Funding may not be used in conjunction with any promotions, referral benefits, payment plans or discounts.
- Funding amounts are non-refundable.
- SSG support requires minimum 70% attendance and completion of course assessments. Unlike normal JDMIS enrolments, makeups may NOT contribute to your overall attendance. 70% attendance must be achieved within your selected course schedule.
- Failure to attend courses, for any reason, that lead to the grant amount is forfeited will result in the full course fee becoming payable to JDMIS immediately.
- JDMIS Students availing of SSG funding may still avail of make-up and refresher classes as per normal JDMIS policies – they simply do not count towards attendance requirements.
- Employer-sponsored funding requires the employee be fully supported by a sponsoring company (full-time or part-time, under employment contract, with employer making statutory benefit payments for employee).
- SMEs are companies with a minimum 30% local shareholding with annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million and employment size not more than 200 workers. For complete and latest information on ETSS, please visit SSG website.
- Absentee Payroll (AP) Funding is a grant to help employers defray the manpower costs incurred when they send their employees for certifiable skills training.
- AP is not managed by JDMIS and must be claimed separately. For the complete step-by-step guide on claiming AP Funding, please download this guide from SkillsFuture.
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
SkillsFuture Credit aims to encourage individual ownership of skills development and lifelong learning. Introduced in 2015, all Singaporeans aged 25 and above will receive an opening credit of S$500 with no expiry date.
On 1 October 2020, the Government provided a one-off SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up of $500 for all eligible Singaporeans aged 25 and above, expiring on 31 December 2025, which can be used to pay for all JDMIS' on-campus Certificate Courses.
Singaporean’s SkillsFuture Credits can be used to pay for the remaining balance of nett tuition fee after taking into account any applicable course fee funding from SSG.
Only self-sponsored Singaporean applicants can use this credit and application must be submitted via SkillsFuture Portal! within 60 days before the course start date (date inclusive).
For more information, please visit www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit. Detailed step-by-step instruction on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit for JDMIS courses will be sent to participants upon successful course registration.