JDMIS Admissions requirements differ from program to program.
Consult the specific admissions requirements for the program of interest to you.
Full-Time Diploma Courses
JDMIS full-time diploma courses require:
- For Singaporean students recently completing their secondary studies:
O-level English This is both a measure of English ability as well as commitment to study and ability to cope with the pace of study at our school.
- For foreign students recently completing their secondary studies:
Standard K-12 style high school education examples of which are provided below:
in addition to high-school education the school requires separate English proficiency
- C6 in English at GCE O-Levels
- IELTS score of 5.5;
- TOEFL score of 500 (Paper based test);
- TOEFL score of 173 (Computer based test);
- TOEFL score of 61 (Internet based test);
The non-English portion of this requirement is a means for us to evaluate commitment to study and ability to keep up with our courses.
If in doubt whether you meed the requirements for study at JDMIS, please contact the registrar at
- For working professionals (for example those working in the jewellery industry for >5 years)
N-level or equivalent English. This category of student has a substantially different internal motivation to complete their training and many already have relevant industry experience or qualifications, even if they do not fit within modern secondary education systems.
Short Certification Courses
- Short certification courses are open to all students with English proficiency. Documented proof of English proficiency for short courses is not required however the requirements listed above for diploma programmes serve as a guideline for the English level that is required.
- In special cases, where professional jewellers attend courses and feel their English language skills may be a barrier to their training, the school can perform an ad-hoc assessment with a relevant instructor that will evaluate suitability for these courses.
Note on English Language assessment
Candidates who do not meet the diploma English Language requirement but are competent in the English language may opt to obtain a Workplace Literacy (WPL) statement of attainment (SOA) in Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing under the WDA's Employability Skills System using the Assessment-only Pathway (AOP) at minimal cost from one of several local Continuing Education & Training Centres.
WSS WPL Level 5 is required for Diploma and Specialist Diploma courses, Level 6 is required for Advanced Diploma courses. A minimum WSS WPL Level 5 is recommended for short certificate courses.
For information about specific admission requirements, please contact us directly via email: