Want to work in the jewellery industry? In Singapore and abroad, trained jewellery designers need to understand their customers, and produce contemporary, fashionable designs, but also need to be able to confidently communicate with their clients and convey the excitement and value of the jewellery they produce.
The JDMIS Fine jewellery design programme gives you the skills and knowledge to excel as a fine jewellery designer!
Become a Fine Jewellery Designer
In today's competitive jewellery industry, the only way to excel is through unique and saleable design. No longer can a jewellery designer work independently of the manufacturer and retailer; successful designers understand their materials and gems, know about style, trends and fashion, and must produce stunningly beautiful, but also wearable, commercially practical jewels.
By becoming a Certified Fine Jewellery Designer, take the reigns to a creative and diverse career in the jewellery field.
With great emphasis on experiential learning, graduates have knowledge, style and a complete professional portfolio to highlight their broad range of design competencies. Detailed projects leave graduates confident and primed for success.
Certified Fine Jewellery Designers:
- work as designers in the jewellery industry
- enter and win International competitions
- provide freelance design consultations
- design jewellery before making it themselves
- develop their own brands and jewellery lines
The Fine Jewellery Design Diploma consists of the following modules:
- JD100 Classical Jewellery Design 1: Creative Drawing and Essential Jewellery Knowledge
- JD200 Classical Jewellery Design 2: Technical drawing and Counter sketching
- DD100 Digital Jewellery Design 1: Fundamentals of Digital Jewellery Design (CAD)
- DD200 Digital Jewellery Design 2: Intermediate 3D Modelling and Gem Settings
- GT100 Jewellery Trade Practices 1: Gem and Jewellery Trade Secrets
- FT100 Jewellery Fashion Trends 1: Epic and Contemporary Trends